OPENINGS: We currently have the following openings in the West Virginia Lightning organization. Please note that as of now all of these positions are VOLUNTEER ONLY. Please consider this when applying for any of the positions below.
PRESS BOX PERSONNEL:
- Broadcast Engineer - Will be responsible for the operations of the audio/video broadcast. This includes playing commercials at designated times, playing intros and outros, coordinating with broadcast team and possibly scripting pre-game and post-game shows.
- Color Analyst - Provides color commentary for audio/video broadcast. Works alongside Play-By-Play broadcaster.
- Delay Of Game Timer Operator - Responsible for the game operation of the 25/40 second delay of game timers. Must know, or be willing to learn, the rules and responsibilities of operating the delay of game timers.
- Game Clock/Scoreboard Operator - Responsible for the game operation of the main game clock and scoreboard. Must know, or be willing to learn, the rules and responsibilities of operating the main game clock and scoreboard.
- Public Address Announcer - Commentates over the public address system the game and reads sponsorships that have been purchased for play over the PA system.
- Spotters - Responsible for calling out the players who make the specific plays. Works alongside Public Address Announcer.
FIELD/GAME DAY PERSONNEL:
Game Day Coordinator
Field Painting Crew - Responsible for applying the regulation field markings prior to the game.